Medical Taping Concept (MTC)
The medical taping concept or Kinesio taping was developed in the 1970s in Japan and Korea.
The elastic tape supports the muscle fibres, stimulates the body’s own healing processes, influences the neurological and circulatory systems without restricting the freedom of movement in the joint or muscle.
Depending on the injury, the elastic tape is placed over the course of the muscle, the joint or the muscle tendon.
The main idea here is that staying active is essential for recovery from injury. It is used for stabilisation, to prevent further injury and to facilitate recovery.
Medical taping can be used for the following:
- Knee and ankle complaints
- Back, neck and shoulder complaints
- Calf complaints
- RSI/CANS, tennis or golfers’ elbow
- Overload complaints of muscles and joints
- Tension headache
Benefits of medical taping:
- Reduction of local pressure
- Decrease in pain and muscle tension
- Preservation of free of movement
- Improve muscle function
- Improves lymph circulation
- Support joint function
- Improve joint coordination and stability